Friday, May 18, 2007

the nappy story

Oh yes!
It all started when I had poo all over my brand new lilac 'I am a proud MUM' T-shirt.
Had to get some sort of protection..my hour long internet search left me more confused than I was to begin with.. there was something called a nappy which contrary to my original thinking was not a cartoon character or a small napkin for children. It was a British version of the diaper.
There were disposable, re-usable, eco-friendly hybrids, newborn, toddlers, combination nappy- cum-pants, and then a myriad of brands- Pampers, Huggies, Tesco's, etc etc to name a few. Now, I had to begin somewhere!
So, I went round to the local superstore and got a pack of the most easily reachable ones.
The first time I used one, I had load of soiled baby clothes and bedlinen, for I had secured it the other way front!
Now then, who would think that a pack of 24 would be exhausted in a matter of 5 days! So, I had to go again to get some more. By the end of the week, I had a garbage bag full of smelly disposed nappies which I didn't know how to deal with! and then began my another hour-long search for nappy disposal remedies and I finally settled for a nappy dispenser bucket which supposedly prevented odours and would serve the purpose..not a cheap bargain though.
Now, I know what it is like being a first-time mum with a nappy-churning baby to look after.

No comments: